R&D Optical Scientist
Duties are as follows:
- Designs optical systems with specific characteristics to fit within specified physical limits of precision optical instruments, such as still- and motion-picture cameras, lens systems, telescopes, and viewing and display devices
- Determines specifications for operations and makes adjustments to calibrate and obtain specified operational performance.
- Determines proper operation of optical system and makes adjustments to perfect system.
- Designs opto-mechanical mounts for components to hold them in proper planes in relation to each other and instrument in which they will be used.
- Designs optical inspection instruments to test samples for optical characteristics, such as surface and volume scattering properties.
- May work with electronics and mechanical engineering staff to develop overall design of optical system.
- Performs laboratory / on –site measurement using optical system such as polarization camera.
- Writes technical proposal and technical report to present experimental results.
Required experience :
- Minimum Master’s degree in relevant field (optical science or related)
Salary Range :
$90,626.00 per year
- Bossa Nova Vision LLC located in Los Angeles, CA
- For exact address, see our Contact Us page